A competitive process was organized to identify a new host for the Probabilistic Risk Assessment Program’s (CAPRA) website: eCAPRA. An Open Call for Expression of Interest was publicly launched in July 2016 (see Background below for more information), and four proposals were received within the established deadline. A panel led by Oscar A. Ishizawa (Senior Disaster Risk Management Specialist and CAPRA LCR Program Coordinator), and comprised of Francis Ghesquiere (Head of the Global Facility for Disaster Reduction and Recovery – GFDRR), Emma Phillips (DRM Specialist, GFDRR), Niels Holm-Nielsen (Global Lead for DRM and Resilience), Fernando Ramirez Cortes (Senior DRM Specialist), Rashmin Gunasekera (DRM Specialist), and Barbara Minguez Garcia (Knowledge Management Coordinator for CAPRA Program) evaluated the proposals in September 2016.
The five criteria used to evaluate the proposals were:
- Technical quality of the proposal
- Institutional / International support to the proposal – Letters of recommendation
- Disaster Risk Analytics / Disaster Risk Management / Research in DRM experience
- International relevance / Access to potential new users / Expansion potential
- Knowledge and experience with CAPRA
The highest evaluation score was obtained by: Universidad de los Andes in Bogotá, Colombia.
This proposal unanimously obtained the maximum scores in the following sections: Technical Quality of the Proposal; Disaster Risk Analytics / Disaster Risk Management / Research in DRM experience; and Knowledge and experience with CAPRA.
View the press release