- Margaret Lamunu, Epidemiologist, Ebola Response Lead in Sierra Leone, World Health Organization
- OB Sisay, Director, Situation Room, National Ebola Response Centre, Sierra Leone
- Esther Baur, Head Global Partnerships, Swiss Re
- M. Mohamed Beavogui, Director General, ARC
- Sunkarie Kamara, Mayor, Makeni, Sierra Leone
- Gbeme Horace Kollie, Deputy Minister for Operations, Ministry of Internal Affairs, Liberia
- Mads Oyen, Regional Emergency Adviser for West Africa, UNICEF
Just over 18 months ago, the World Health Organization officially declared an Ebola outbreak in West Africa. Experts are now taking stock of what worked and what didn’t, and analysing lessons learned. In this session, representatives from affected countries, the private sector, and international organizations explored the future of pandemic risk management, focusing on the power of data and communication, on the need to plan ahead and coordinate, and how to structure financial protection strategies in the future.