- Colin Bruce, Senior Advisor and Designated IASC Principal, Office of the President, World Bank Group
- Ramona M El Hamzaoui, Deputy Mission Director for Ethiopia, USAID
- Raouf Mazou, Kenya Country Representative, UNHCR
- Deirdre O’Sullivan-Winks, Senior Project Manager for New Business Models, Start Network
- Antoine Ruvebana, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Disaster Management and Refugee Affairs, Rwanda
Better linkages between humanitarian and development work are necessary to accomplish the vitally important goals of preventing and mitigating humanitarian tragedies and solving situations of long-term displacement. More data sharing, better delivery mechanisms, more involvement of local actors, and new ways of structuring financing are among options on the table as the global community works to develop a new vision for collaboration which can be presented at the upcoming World Humanitarian Summit. This session explored these ideas, along with perspectives of experts who are implementing new approaches.
A testimony was given by Ger Duany, and an expert presentation by Jason Braganza. A panel discussion, moderated by Conny Czymoch, followed.