- Ede Jorge Ijjasz-Vasquez, Senior Director, Social, Urban Rural and Resilience Practice, World Bank Group
- Paul Labaleine, Director General, Division of Disaster Risk Management, Seychelles
- Ed Marino, Division Chief, Asset management, Bureau of the Treasury, Department of Finance, Philippines
- Abdelmajid Mimouni, Head of catastrophe risk management, Insurance Regulator Department, Ministry of Finance, Morocco
- Tracy Polius, Finance Permanent Secretary, St. Lucia
Governments play a leading role in managing the financial impact of natural disasters. They are expected to provide emergency relief to affected areas, fund reconstruction, and finance social and economic support programs. This session presented experiences of key public officials who have been on the front lines of these issues. It discussed challenges and lessons learned so far when governments take the lead in financial planning and risk management.