- Ibidun Adelekan, University of Ibadan, Nigeria, and with
- Diriba Kuma, Mayor of Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Lídia Frederico Cossa Camela, Mayor of Chokwe, Mozambique
- Firmino Filho, Mayor of Teresina, Brazil
- Patricia Holly Purcell, UN Habitat & Chair for Medellin Collaboration on Urban Resilience
As the fastest urbanizing continent in the world, African cities are faced with both a challenge and opportunity to manage disaster risks. The session will start by providing an overview of urbanization in Africa and its implications on cities. It will address the concept of resilience, current challenges and opportunities, and methodologies and tools used by cities that are financing resilience projects.