The Global Facility for Disaster Reduction and Recovery (GFDRR) is a global partnership, managed by the World Bank, that helps developing countries better understand and reduce their vulnerability to natural hazards and climate change.
GFDRR Labs is a team within GFDRR that works to make high-quality risk information available faster and at lower costs and develop new tools that allow decision-makers and communities to collect, share, and understand risk information.
The Risk Data Library (riskdatalibrary.org) is an initiative of the GFDRR Labs to improve the interoperability and availability of disaster risk information and support its use in developing countries. To help achieve this goal, GFDRR Labs is seeking a designer to develop a visual identity and related materials for the Risk Data Library project. The Designer will work remotely under the supervision of the Risk Data Library project lead and in close collaboration with the Risk Data Library project team.
• Develop the visual identity for the Risk Data Library, including logo, icons, color palette, typeface selection and visual style
• Create diagrams, graphics, photographic content, and data visualizations to communicate key aspects of the Risk Data Library
• Develop templates for slide decks, website banners and social media posts
• Prepare and present draft concepts
• Amend design based on feedback
• Test graphics across various media
• Ensure final work aligns to existing GFDRR Labs brand guidelines and principles
• Strong graphic design and layout skills
• Proven experience applying these skills to digital products
• Attention to detail
• Ability to present design decisions and take feedback
• Ability to work independently
• Fluent English
Number of days and duration
• Initial contract of 30 days for the period April – June 2021
Process for application and deadline
Please submit your portfolio and resume by April 9, 2021 to Pierre Chrzanowski email@example.com and Stuart Fraser firstname.lastname@example.org