- Job-ID:P1533V1412 • Assignment period:12/01/2019 – 08/31/2022
- Location:Eschborn • Type of employment:full- or part-time
- Field:Climate Change, Environment • Application deadline:10/14/2019
As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
For our operations in Eschborn/Germany, we are looking for an
Planning Officer (m/f/d) Adaptation to Climate Change, Safeguards and Gender
As part of GIZ’s sector department, the Competence Center (CC) for Climate Change provides services for GIZ projects financed by German federal ministries and other public clients (GPC). The CC is a technical and methodological knowledge carrier in the dynamically growing fields of climate and environmental policy. It has networks with the private sector, national and international organizations and the scientific community. The CC works on technical as well as methodical and management-related innovations. It is also responsible for knowledge management, network design and modern learning processes. In addition, the Competence Centre Climate Change advises GIZ projects abroad on planning, implementation, quality assurance, monitoring and evaluation of projects in the areas of environmental and climate policy, climate risk management, climate-friendly urban development, adaptation to the consequences of climate change and climate financing.
- Expert backstopping and conceptual advice on the design and implementation as well as assessment of projects on climate policy, climate adaptation, climate risk management, financing in the field of adaptation, NDC, NAMA, long-term strategies, transformation towards a climate-neutral and climate-resilient society and economy, implementation of adaptation options in various sectors
- Responsibility for the preparation of the relevant expertise and implementation knowledge of GIZ (knowledge management) in the above-mentioned thematic field
- Participation in the development of innovation and new services of the Competence Center in the field of adaptation to climate change in cooperation with other departments and the GIZ-structure abroad
- Networking, establishment and maintenance of cooperation
- Coordination and provision of services to external customers in connection with ongoing projects as well as coordination of service provision by third parties, such as external experts and consulting offices
- Collaboration in the preparation of Management Board documents and status reports
- Participation in professional events and the preparation of technical contributions (analyses, statements, expert reports, product management)
- Application of GIZ’s Safeguards and Gender Management System in an advisory context for the operative departments
- If necessary, further development of the GIZ Safeguards and Gender Management System: implementation of plausibility checks, participation in processes covering all Safeguards for the technical and conceptual further development of the S+G Management System, further development of tools for the Safeguards Environment and Climate Change
- University degree in the field of politics, economics, environment, energy or engineering, preferably with a specialization in climate change adaptation or climate risk management
- Several years of professional experience in project implementation in a DC-relevant partner country in the field of environment and climate change
- Profound knowledge of the international climate policy, in particular in the areas of adaptation to climate change, climate risk management, climate risk insurance, NDC, NAMA, long-term strategies, transformation towards a climate-resilient society and economy, knowledge of the interfaces between climate mitigation and adaptation to climate change as well as DC-relevant sectors
- Profound knowledge of safeguard systems, in particular of the adaptation safeguard
- Broad overview knowledge of current environmental and climate policy concepts as well as international discussions, in particular within the framework of the UNFCCC
- Ability to work in a team; flexibility
- Experience with planning tools, methods and workflows is desirable
- Mastery language skills in German and English (C2) as well as vantage language skills in another European language of communication, preferably Spanish or French (B2)
If we caught your interest, we are looking forward to your application until 10/14/2019.
For further information: https://jobs.giz.de/index.php?ac=jobad&id=45957
You can find this job under the Job-ID P1533V1412.
Deadline to Apply: October 14, 2019