The World Conference for Disaster Risk Reduction will set the agenda for DRR over the next ten years, replacing the Hyogo Framework for Action. There are a few events that are relevant to the UR community:
- DFID and GFDRR Challenge Fund Launch, Monday, March 16, 18:00 – 18:30, Room B201, Kawauchi-Kita Campus, Tohoku University. More information on the Challenge Fund can be found here.
- Risk Identification and Assessment (Priority 2), Saturday, March 14, 15:00 – 16:30, Sendai International Centre, Hagi Hall.
- GAR15 Global Risk Assessment, Monday March 16, 09:15 – 12:00, Tohoku University, B103.
The Global Facility for Disaster Reduction and Recovery (GFDRR) and the World Bank have written a few articles around the WCDRR. Check out the following stories:
- Ideathon: Code for Resilience mixes tech and disaster risk experts to spark innovation, Keiko Saito, GFDRR
- Challenging innovators to find new ways to make disaster risk information accessible to all, Alanna Simpson, GFDRR
- Building a new framework for disaster risk reduction, GFDRR feature story
- Steps to reducing disaster risk in your country 50% by 2030, Niels Holm-Nielsen